To Do #13- Learn What's Better Than a Morning Cup of Coffee!

Although you may only be engaged, it is not too late to start asking God to give you his perspective on this amazing gift that he has given us in marriage- __ __ __ {SEX!} It is something I had to work through while I was preparing for marriage  {just saying the word took practice for me!}, since I became more fully aware of all the misconceptions and wrong ideas I had about sex. Although I was giddy with anticipation for the wedding night, I also wanted to make sure there was nothing that hindered me from giving all of me to my husband. 

As wives, this is one of the greatest gifts we can give our husbands- our desire for him sexually. {I can’t believe I am writing about this, considering I would be at least 4 shades of red by now!!} 

But God has changed me. I asked him to. I wanted to have His perspective on this beautiful gift of sex. I knew my naïve beliefs and ideas would not make for a healthy marriage. 

So for today’s to-do, I would challenge you as a soon- to- be wife to begin to see sex as better than your morning cup of coffee! {Eeeekkk! I can’t believe I’m saying this!} If you are not a coffee drinker than fill in the blank with whatever calls you out of bed in the morning, awakes your senses, and gets you going. For me, it’s normally a big bowl of cereal or a steaming cup of hot chocolate. 

Having this perspective will bring so much freedom into your marriage. Sex is something that excites, revitalizes, and energizes you and your husband. Sex should be a source of joy and pleasure within a marriage, awakening your love for one another on a continual basis. Indeed it is even better than a cup of coffee in the morning!

Without sharing too much detail, I can say that my husband and I have been discovering the beauty of sex. It just keeps getting better and better. We are learning, that more than just a physical act, that might rejuvenate our tired bodies, sex runs much deeper. It draws us spiritually together. It builds as closer in our friendship. Sex also brings a unity, that does not just stay in the bedroom, but binds us together in our everyday lives, our hearts, and decisions. Sex is better than a morning cup of coffee for more reasons that I can list!

But sadly, some women would rather roll out of bed for a low-fat caramel mocha, rather than some intimate time with the love of their life. {not saying you can’t have both!} But as I read in one book, “Husbands want sex in the morning, wives want sex in June.” Let this statistic not define us as women. It’s time we start learning to sip a cup of our husband’s love before taking in a cupful of caffeine. 

Don’t think sex can be this good? Then there is no better time than to start preparing yourself for the beauty of sex within marriage, than while you are engaged. Ask God to come and give you His idea of sex. I guarantee you He will help you to see that it is more delightful than a morning cup of coffee. Sex with our husband is one thing that we can get addicted too! { yipes! Is that me talking!} 

So before you drive down to Starbuck's to get your coffee fix for the day, let God fix your eyes on Him, so that you can see sex within marriage for what it really is. 
Now that's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment