We are honored to have my friend and newlywed wife, Laetitia King ,sharing her heart with us again! In this post she details a beautiful revelation she had about her wedding dress... every woman can relate!
In search of this perfect dress, many questions went through my mind.
If I was in a fairy tale, what would I wear...and what not?
Would my husband like what I choose?
Will I make the right choice?
Luckily I knew the answer to that question long before my wedding day. I knew it the first time I saw the white ball gown in the old movie “My Fair Lady.” When I saw the dress in the movie it spoke to me.
It was a vintage dress with lace and pearls shimmering in the light. I was captivated as I watched an ordinary street lady walk down the stairs looking like a queen. The movie was my first real encounter with a make-over. Feelings of enchantment washed over me, when I saw the woman changed from an ugly duckling to a gracious swan. It was a scene worth remembering.
Every bride seems to hold her breath as she slips into her wedding dress for the first time. She gazes into the mirror. The power of the moment is overwhelming. A little girl turns into a woman, a commoner transforms into a Queen, a single woman becomes a wife!
This is exactly what I felt when I became the wife of George King. Wow! When I saw everyone looking at me walking down the aisle, I felt like a queen. It wasn’t an unusual feeling...rather it was a very familiar feeling.
During my journey with God as a single He taught me the true value of being His bride. But when I put my wedding dress on that day, my spirit leaped within me. A new realization swept over me. I was exactly what God promised, exactly what God intended, exactly what God designed.
But then... the time came where I had to take off the dress. It was dreadful. I felt stripped from the preciousness I felt during the wedding celebration. In just one breath, I became myself again.
A normal person.
In normal clothes.
A commoner.
A nobody.
Sometimes we look at our physical circumstances, and we are tempted to feel robbed. We may look at our bank account, the time we spend in traffic, our performance appraisal from our boss, or just the lack of romance in our marriage, and we wonder... who am I? We feel stripped of our crown.
Often times, we choose the wrong action. We become dissatisfied and lonely, depressed and downcast. Instead of feeling like a Queen in God’s kingdom we simply feel like a guest at a wedding.
But God has clothed us with Christ. In that powerful historic event of His crucifixion we were transformed to be a Child of God. A Queen. We can once again hold our breath, wrap ourselves in the character of Christ, and choose to put on His likeness. Our wedding dress of righteousness fits perfectly. We can be confident that we are the beautiful Bride of Jesus Christ.
What will the guests of earth say about us? Hopefully, they will be found saying...
Wow...where did you find such beautiful material? How did you manage to get all your flaws covered? How did you become so gorgeous? Who chose the material you are wearing? Why did you transform from a nobody to Royalty?
Only those wrapped in Christ will know!
In Christ, we get to wear a wedding dress every day and experience the same feelings we had on our wedding day! This revelation will impact our daily lives- from how we work, speak, and love our husbands.
Have you chosen to put on this wedding dress that Jesus offers us?


No comments:
Post a Comment