To- Do #1: Pray


I remember the first day I started dating my husband to be, Michal.
I was so overwhelmed with thankfulness to God.
 I wanted to offer Him every part of our relationship. For Him to be the center of this new and exciting relationship. I was in awe of His love for me, in giving me such an amazing boyfriend.
 I walked the streets of Vienna, praying and interceding for Michal and I’s first months together.
 But then that faded. Our relationship was not so new anymore, the fireworks had subsided, and life got back to routine again.
Prayer seemed to be of utmost importance in those first days for Michal and I.
Love was such an overwhelming feeling.
Our relationship was a gift. I treasured it. I wanted it kept safe.
Most importantly I wanted to be the most amazing girlfriend. So I prayed.
But those seasons of prayer came off and on through the various seasons of Michal and I’s relationship.
However, in the months leading up to our engagement, and through that time, my prayers for our relationship were starting up again.
One of the things I worked through was the book, “Power of  Praying Wife,” by Stormie Omartian.  It is 31 one days of prayer for your husband, with different topics and devotions for each day.
 Wedding time feels like our minds, hearts and bodies are all busy – planning and preparing for the moment we have waited for our whole lives.
But, I managed to finish this book before our wedding day and  now looking back…  
 I can honestly say, that prayer was the biggest thing that helped prepare me on every level to be the bride and wife that God called me to be.  
It will also help to build a routine of prayer in our life, which will flow right into our marriage.
After all, our relationship  with our husband is a gift. We need to treasure it.  And ask God to protect it.
Most importantly we want to be the most amazing wife.  So we keep praying.

All the planning and preparation for the actual wedding day is so secondary to the preparation of our hearts and minds before God in prayer.


So before you mail out another wedding invitation, stress about the decorations, read another article in the BRIDE magazine, or wonder if you will ever be like a proverbs 31 woman, 
spend some time with Jesus and simply pray.  

Link to 31 Days of Prayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment