Stars bordered the bold letters in the middle which read, “To The Most Amazing Girl in My Universe…Thank you for being the best girl, girlfriend, fiancé, and wife I could ever ask for!”
He presented my certificate to me on my birthday, a few weeks before our wedding. Over a year has passed now and I still have it hanging on the inside of my closet door. Sometimes I look at it and sigh, realizing that I am anything but the most amazing wife. However most of the time it is a reminder to me of what I am to my husband.
What I am to him is what matters most.
Comparing the way I cook, dress, or decorate our house to other women is never going to make me feel like I am measuring up. I am simple girl. I can eat tuna and noodles over candlelight, or even an elegant bowl of cereal for dinner. I also like being comfortable. So sometimes sweatpants around the house and even to the grocery store are okay with me! And my house, well, all of its furnishings have been given to me. Everything besides the pictures on my wall has been a gift. My house is literally adorned in grace.
And so is my life...adorned in grace. I guess, at the end of the day, this is what actually classifies me as the The Most Amazing Girl to my husband. I am a woman of grace, and that is amazing to him.
I don’t confess to have it all together. I definitely made some obvious mistakes. I’ve had quite a few emotional melt downs. Not to mention how many times I’ve let him down or how many times I’ve hurt him with my actions and words. I stand in grace, not in perfection. Striving to be the woman God has called me to be, but definitely not there yet.
A woman of grace. That is what makes the most amazing girl, the most amazing wife.
Give your husband an award too- don’t compare yourself to other women. You are not like anyone else in the world. God has given you the grace to be who He has called you to be- your looks, personality, talents, and appearance are all from Him. And you, by grace, can be “The Most Amazing Girl in Your Husband’s Universe.”
“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.” Proverbs 31:30-31

This is amazing, thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful and has encouraged me so much! Thank you.
ReplyDelete